Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book launch of "The Brontës in Brussels" on Thursday 26 June

Those of you who live in Brussels might want to attend a book launch on Thursday 26 June at 19.00. It is my friend Helen MacEwan who has written her second book about the Brontës in Brussels.

Here some information about the event:

You are very welcome to come along to the launch of the book The Brontës in Brussels on Thursday 26 June at 19.00 at Waterstones bookstore, get a signed copy and celebrate with a glass of wine!

See also a post about the book on the Waterstones blog:

http://waterstonesbru.blogspot.be/2014/05/the-brontes-in-brussels.html

Thursday 26 June at 19.00 at Waterstones bookstore, Boulevard Adolphe Max 71, 1000 Brussels

Launch of the The Brontës in Brussels by Helen MacEwan, published by Peter Owen (UK). This lavishly illustrated guide gathers together information on Charlotte and Emily Brontë’s stay in Brussels in 1842-43 and makes it easy to identify the Brontë places – which, without help, can be quite a challenge! Apart from giving a biographical account of Charlotte’s and Emily’s stay at the Pensionnat, the book is abundantly illustrated, with over 90 pictures including many of 1840s Brussels. It includes a self-guided Brontë walk with detailed maps; extracts from Villette showing how the novel reflects Charlotte’s real-life experiences in Brussels; English translations of some of the sisters’ ‘Belgian essays’; and translations of Charlotte’s four moving letters to M. Heger.

http://www.peterowenpublishers.com/books/the-brontes-in-brussels/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster