Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Challenges for 2015

A while ago I said I would not follow any challenges for 2015, but my own. In principal this is what I am going to do. My idea is to do 'connected reading' which means that the book I am reading will lead to another book. The dilemma will be, that the next book has to come from my TBR shelves or the library. I definitely need to lower the number of books at these shelves. Apart from the 'connected reading' I will read other books as well. I will read:


The following fiction:

1. The City of Fallen Angels by John Berendt
2. The Children's Book by A.S Byatt (I even have a signed book since I bought it on an event where she was talking about her books)
3. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
4. The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
5. Light in August by William Faulkner
6. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder
7. My Childhood by Maxim Gorky
8. The Go-Between by J.P. Hartley
9. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
10. Det röda fältet (The Red Field) by Mo Yan
11. Sarum by Edward Rutherford
12. Påven Johanna (Pope Joan) by Donna Woolfork Cross

The following non-fiction:

1. Kansler Axel Oxenstierna, part 1 by Gunnar Wetterberg
2. Kansler Axel Oxenstierna, part 2, by Gunnar Wetterberg
3. John Keats - A Life by Stephen Coote
4. Civilisation - The West and the Rest by Nial Ferguson
5. The Rise and Fall of the Knights Templar by Gordon Napier

The following plays:

1. Rickard III by William Shakespeare
2. Sweet Bird of Youth by Tennessee Williams
3. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
4. The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams


Comments

  1. I met Edward Rutherford when he was in Tassie flogging Paris. Still have not read it. Our Play Reading glass read Glass Menagerie this past year and we all loved it. I also love anything by Tennessee Williams. These old deep south of America plays have so much in them. I'll look forward to hearing how you go. I am doing TBR books until 1 June ! I have too many books. We'll see how it all goes. Seems everyone is doing TBR books. Like the connected reading idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouw, nice to meet Edward Rutherford, I have a couple of his books, but non yet read. Typical! Looking forward to T Williams, seems good. I don't read a lot of plays so it will be something else.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster