Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Classics on my table

I am now reading so many different books, that I never end any of them. I am quite frustrated about it, especially since I don't have so much time to read for the time being! So what do I do? I go to the public library in another errand, and come out with two books!! Grrr, especially since they are on loan for a limited time, I have to abandon the others to finish these two off. Nobody but myself to blame.

They are classics and have been on my reading list for quite some time, so I felt that I had to grab the opportunity. It is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Looking forward reading both of them and hope to publish reviews soon.

Furthermore, I am reading a book to review for Endeavour Press, Path to the Silent Country: Charlotte Brontë's years of fame by Lynn Reid Banks. It is a continuation of The Dark Quartet: the story of the Brontës which I reviewed here. It was an excellent read, so looking forward to this one. Yes, I have started!

Visiting the Waterloo battle field the other day, I managed to buy a booklet guide to the battlefield by David Howarth. They also had a very interesting map on how Europe looked in 1815, to be explored more closely. This year, it is 200 years since the battle of Waterloo, which took place on 18 June 1815. There will be a lot of events here in Belgium to commemorate the battle. More posts on the booklet and the celebrations later on.

That was just a short update on my reading. The confused reading might just be a sign, that I want to read too many books. As always when you try to do several things at the same time, it always takes longer!

Comments

  1. I've listened to Lolita, read by Jeremy irons and it was one of the best audio experience of my life so far. Such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people say this is a great book, with great prose. Looking forward reading it! How are you doing with your TBR books? It seems I set a list of books and then I go on reading other books! No disciplin at all!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster