Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

What's in a Name - challenge 2017

We are nearing the end of the year and it is time to have a look at the results from the 2016 challenges. While doing this, I have noted that the 2017 challenges are building up, and, as usual, a lot of interesting ones. My main challenge this year was to lower my TBR shelves, and any challenge I joined would have to fit in to the various books on these shelves. It has worked out very well. So far I have read 44 books from these shelves, and I hope to be able to finish at least 50 this year. Six to go! There are still 206 minus 44 = 162 books on my shelves, but I am slowly getting there. The aim is another 50 for 2017.

I love all the challenges I am participating in this year. One which is already there to sign up for in 2017 is "What's in a Name" hosted by The Worm Hole. You find the criteria and link-up on the link. For 2016 I have three more books to read, and I just picked them out from my shelves in order not to forget. They are:

Light in August by William Faulkner
The Binding Chair by Kathryn Harrison
Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy

The following criteria is set up for 2017 (my choices after the brackets).

A number in numbers - I have no title with numbers, so have to find. Otherwise I might use Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks

A building - The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot

A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it - Kansler Axel Oxenstierna 1&2 by Gunnar Wetterberg

A compass direction - East of Eden by John Steinbeck (in a book with his collected works)

An item/items of cutlery - Nothing that fits, so have to find a book for here.

A title in which at least two words share the same first letter – alliteration! - The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Looking forward starting the new year with this challenge. Are you participating in any challenges next year?

Comments

  1. I'm hoping to do the What's in a Name? challenge in 2017 too. Like you, I still have some to read to finish up this year: The Bean Trees and How Many Camels in Holland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the title "How Many Camels in Holland" and have looked it up. Sounds like an interesting book about a serious problem. Good luck with finishing your two books, and hope to see you in next years' challenge!

      Delete
  2. I struggled to come up with a title from my shelves for 'east' - really wanted to include it in the example list - so I'm glad of every 'east' title I'm seeing! Hope you enjoy your last three books for this year and I look forward to hearing what you thought of next year's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have started 'The Binding Chair' and it is very good. Should hopefully finish it this weekend and follow up with 'Under the Greenwood Tree' which is difficult to read, being written in dialect. But 'a chapter a day....' William Faulkner should not be too difficult to read...I hope! Thank you for hosting this interesting challenge.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster