Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Best books read in 2016

My reading in 2016 was slightly interrupted due to unexpected, but nice circumstances. Therefore I Light in August by William Faulkner and Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh). I somehow have a feeling that I just haphazardly read books, without much thought behind. Might not be wrong, but I felt a little bit "wobbly" with my reading. For 2017 I will be more disciplined and try to approach books in a more consolidated way.

Best book of the year!
did not read as much as anticipated. As usual I more or less liked the books I read. Those I really disliked I did not read. I think it was two (

However, there are, as always, some books that stand out more than others. Here are my favourite reads for 2016 in no specific order.

Bess: the Life of Lady Ralegh, Wife to Sir Walter by Anna Beer
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Sage of Waterloo by Leona Francombe
The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
The Other Rembrandt by Alex Connor
De gömda rummen (Habitaciones cerradas) by Care Santos
The Sleepwalkers - How Europe Went to War in 1914 by Christopher Clark
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
Påven som kom ner på jorden (The Pope who came down to earth) by Kristina Kappelin

If I would pick one I would probably go for The Sleepwalkers, which is an interesting and very complex look into the politics and circumstances behind the Great War.  Excellent read.


I also took a look at the genres I have been reading. You can of course divide them into a lot of genres, but I kept it to four: Non-fiction, Fiction, Historical fiction and Classics. Of the 77 books I read, 45% goes to Fiction, 25% to Non-fiction, 16% to Historical fiction and 14% to Classics. Considering that historical fiction and classics are also fiction, I read 75% fiction and 25% non-fiction. That is generally a good piece of cake for me!

Looking forward to what 2017 will bring.

Comments

  1. I always enjoy best-book posts, especially when there are some I've not read or even heard of before! Thanks for a good list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster