Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

"Book beginnings on Friday" and "The Friday 56"

Rose City Reader

Rose City Reader, is hosting Book beginnings on Friday. She says:

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Freda's Voice
Freda’s voice is hosting Friday 56 and the rules are:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.


My book this week is The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley

This absolutely fantastic book has one of the most famous book beginnings ever.


The Content Reader


Beginning

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Page 56

"I decided it would be impossible to like him, and immediately liked him better. He was nothing to be afraid of, even without the handicap of his ambiguous social position, which I judged to be below that of a gentleman but above that of, well, such a person as Ted Burgess. "

A lovely, lovely book, a review will come soon. Hope you enjoyed the quotes.

Comments

  1. The beginning makes me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always made me curious too. After having read the book, I just realise what a great beginning it is.

      Delete
  2. I've never read this, although I remember being recommended it in high school! Sounds great. My book today is Dancing the Death Drill by Fred Khumalo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good read and highly recommended!

      Delete
  3. This one sounds interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very interesting. My friend who recommended it said it was one of the best books she had read, and I am bound to agree with her.

      Delete
  4. Ah, I know that opening sentence but had never realised it came from this book. Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, it is a great read. The opening is very famous, and I find it great.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is an intriguing book from beginning to end.

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about this, but never tried it! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Famous and yet I know nothing of it. I feel out of the loop now. :-)
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry! It is just a coincidence what we hear about. So it was with me for this beginning. However, after having read the book I find it really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster