Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Miscellaneous reading

I have read a variety of books lately, but not really had time to write about them. Here are three books that I finished recently, and that I enjoyed.


The Holy Grail, History, Myth, Religion by Giles Morgan is an interesting summary of the Holy Grail and how it has appeared through history. From the very first pre-Christian sources on a magical vessel to the Cup of Christ. Continuing we enter into the magic world of King Arthur and the Holy Grail, where we also meet Merlin, Excalibur as well as Lancelot and Lady Guinevere, Camelot and visits the Isle of Avalon.

There is no holy grail mystery without the Templars. Morgan takes us to Rosslyn Chapel and other famous spots in order to sort out what is true and not. He continues to modern times and how the Grail has been visualised in cinema. An interesting overview of an interesting subject.


Agneta Horn by Karin Milles is based on Horn's diary. She lived in Sweden in the mid-17th century and wrote about her miserable life. Milles helps us to put her diary into the historical concepts of the time. Horn's life was rather miserable, if one is to believe what she write, however, it is also a very interesting account of a noble lady at the times. Here we meet a lady who speaks her own mind, chooses whom she marries and makes life quite miserable for her relatives. Maybe they deserved it, for some of them did not treat her very well, when she lost her mother at a very young age. Interesting account of interesting times.



Come, Tell Me How You Live by Agatha Christie Mallowan, is a humorous account on how life is on archeological sites in the beginning of the 20th century. Agatha Christie was married to archeologist, Max Mallowan, and accompanied him to some of his digs. We get an idea of the every day life in such a place, very vividly described by Agatha Christie. I seem to remember some of her stories about Poirot which took place on such digs, and I can easily see how she was inspired by real life events. A witty, funny story of the hardship and good times in such places.



Comments

  1. The first two look very good. I've read the Agatha book and I, too, enjoyed it. Yes, she has used that setting more than once and it's fun to see her inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster