Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Four new books in my Library

As of January 1, 2013 I went into retirement. A new life lies ahead of me. Time for more blogging possibly!

When I left I got a voucher from my colleagues for buying books. This is what I did this week. Bought four new books and have still some money to go. I was quite happy to find four quite different books. 'The Notebook' by Nicolas Sparks,  which is an easy read. I finished it in a couple of hours. A fantastic love story (many tears from me as well). I happened to come into the middle of the film one evening and the little I saw made we want to buy this book. In all the misery in the world it is sometimes nice to just read a very nice, romantic love story.

The second book which I am reading for the moment is more of a fantasy fiction book. 'The Left Hand of God' by Paul Hoffman got fabulous reviews. Quite opposite to the first book you don't find that many nice people here. The beginning is very dark and reveals a hard life. Let's see wether there will be some more light and romantic moments. Hmmm, I am not sure!

The third book I recognised from a review 'The Lighthouse' by Alison Mogre. It says that 'it looks simple but isn't...'. If the second book is more down-to-earth this might need a little bit more thinking. It promises a thrilling end and I am not sure this necessarily means a happy end. Who knows.

Last but not least I found a new book by ace Umberto Eco, 'The Prague Cemetery'. It is a tale about the complex nineteenth century history. Conspiracies are promised and you never know what can come out of such tales. Looking forward to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster