Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Lucy Kincaid series by Allison Brennan

I recently reviewed the book 'Love Me to Death' by Allison Brennan. I liked it so much so I threw myself over the rest of the books in the series (Kiss Me Kill Me, If I Should Die, Silenced, Stalked, Reckless and Stolen). The books are just soooo good I can't stop reading. The stories are absolutely fantastic, so thrilling with many different layers and I can't remember when I read such suspense novels last. Maybe the books of Henning Mankell can match. There you also have a story and a suspense that makes it difficult to put down the book.

This is a series of books and like with the Sookie Stackhouse novels it is a continuing story that covers a shorter period. Where one book ends the next one takes up. That makes you feel like part of the family and you follow the development of the relationship between Lucy and Sean and their relationship with their respective families and jobs.

It seems there is a new trend in writing series with characters that belong to a tight family or 'clan'. I am thinking of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and the Twilight series for example. I am sure there are other books out there with the same setting. The persons within the family or clan help each other and there is a goodwill feeling of caring about each other. It is a nice change to all those stories where people seem to only want to hurt others.

This book sees Sean Rogan go undercover for the FBI and is set to join his former hacker gang. Lucy meanwhile is making her training with the FBI. Neither Lucy, nor his family, understands what is happening. The job is not a clear cut as it seems and as usual other actors have other plans. Thrilling as it can be!

I said in my earlier review of the books that I thought they had something of the books of Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler. There is the same day to day, hour to hour scheme of the story and the whole set is only covering days or a week. I just finished the last book of the series 'Stolen' which was so exciting that I had to force myself to stop reading at 2.30 a.m.! The stories are seen from the perspective of different persons and I find myself thinking or screaming in my head 'don't do it, don't do it' when the heroine or the hero is doing something because they don't know as much as I do. It is all very thrilling.


Allison Brennan (her home page  http://www.allisonbrennan.com/) is like Charlaine Harris a very idle writer. She writes about three books a year and she has five kids! Where does she get the time? Apart from the Lucy Kincaid books she writes books referred to as Romantic thrillers, Supernatural thrillers and Short stories.  The next book in the series (I can hardly wait) is called 'Cold Snap' and will be out in October.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster