Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Talk # 2

I read in the paper this morning that the Pulitzer prize for 2014 has been announced. Congratulations to Washington Post and The Guardian for the Public Service prize. In the Literature category The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt won the prize for Fiction. I loved her book The Secret History but haven't read anything else by her. Although this is on my reading list. Have you read it? What do you think?


Other winners are
Drama The Flick by Annie Baker
History The Internal Enemy. Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772-1832 by Alan Taylor
Biography or Autobiography Margaret Fuller: A New American Life by Megan Marshall
Poetry 3 Sections by Vijay Seshadri
General Nonfiction Toms River: A story of Science and Salvation by Dan Fagin 

Can't say I have heard about any of them, but I am sure they are all good. Anybody who knows?

I am not always 100% for books that win prizes. For the Man Booker Prize as you know who follow me here, I am not too fond of the winners. I guess that there are so many books out there so it has to be something that stands out from others to win the prizes. Like Hilary Mantel for example. Her Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies were great. I have big hope on The Luminaries  which we will read in my book club in May. Big hopes also for Donna Tartt. Let's see if they will live up to my expectations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster