Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Sedition by Katharine Grant

This will be a very short review. For the first time ever I think, I can not form an opinion about a book.
The summary of the book sounded good enough. Four fathers in 1794 England decides to arrange a concert with their 5 daughters in order to get them married. A pianoforte is bought (reluctantly for some reason from the maker) a French teacher is hired (although he is hired by the pianoforte maker to seduce the girl as well and then destroy them for future husbands). The harelipped daughter of the pianoforte maker wants to kill all the girls since she is in love with the teacher. One or two of the daughters have other plans. Does it sound confusing? Yes rather, but this is only the beginning. All characters are different this I have to give credit for, but it is still not very engaging. The sexy bits try to cover the whole spectrum of sexuality and it just becomes too much.

I am not able to see any reason for the persons behaving as they are. The story is unexpected here and there and takes different turns, but it could not engage me. Is there a message in the story? I don't really know. Possibly that young ladies at the time did not have a lot of choices, but the way they act does not seem very logic to me. Not that a story has to be logic, but one should at least be able to see why persons are acting as they do. It is all a total mess as far as I am concerned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster