Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Autumn is here!

We have had a lovely autumn or more like an Indian summer extending well into November. However, now the leaves are very yellow and orange and are falling off the trees. This is how it looked yesterday when I took a walk in the rain!

This is how autumn is described in Wikipedia:

Autumn, interchangeably known as fall in North America, is one of the four temperate seasons. Autumn marks the transition from summer into winter, in September (Northern Hemisphere) or March (Southern Hemisphere), when the arrival of night becomes noticeably earlier and the temperature cools considerably. One of its main features is the shedding of leaves from deciduous trees.

What does autumn remind me of when it comes to books and films? The first to come into my mind is the wonderful film Legends of the Fall with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt, based on the book with the same name by Jim Harrison. I have not read the book but seen the films several times.

Another film is the Autumn Sonata by Ingmar Bergman, with Ingrid Bergman, Liv Ullman and Lena Nyman. It is about a married daughter who longs for her mother's love, gets visited by the latter, a successful concert pianist. Being Ingmar Bergman it will not be either an easy film or very happy.

Not to forget the present series I am reading; the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon. The fourth in the series is called Drums of Autumn. 

Well, that seems to be all I can come up with for the time being. Do you have any 'autumn' titles to share with me?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster