Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Kondo-Marie Method continuing, podcasts and reading!

I have just recovered from the worst stomach flu I ever had. Was totally knocked out for two days. Recovering is just like coming back to life! The good thing is that I could not do much, hardly read, so I finally started to listen to the podcasts by Simon at "Stuck in a Book" and Rachel at "Book Snob" called "Tea or Books". It is wonderful to listen to, and a lot of views on various books and writers. Very interesting indeed. I am now on podcast no 7. They can be downloaded from iTunes or podcast app of your choice. A real treat!

I have finished a couple of books since last time and there will be a review next on "The Almost Nearly Perfect People - Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia by Michael Booth. I have also started a book for the challenge "What's in a Name" hosted by 'Wormhole', namely the first on the list; a title with a country in it. I will choose all the books for this challenge from my TBR shelves (my biggest challenge this year is to reduce a lot from there!) and the first is "The Knights Templar in Britain" by Evelyn Lord. Review will come. Being me, I also started on Tracy Chevallier's "The Lady and the Unicorn". I don't know yet if it fits into any challenge except reducing my TBR shelves.

Before - mix of read and non-read
 (sorry for the sunshine, must have been the
only time it was shining lately!)
After. Fiction three left columns and
non-fiction right column.
I just wanted to share with you my continuation of practising the Kondo-Marie Method, this time on my books (see earlier post). I have four bookcases in our study/guest room/library, two was partly overfilled with TBR books and the other two had files and other things in them. After putting everything out of the book shelves, I re-organised things a bit, and back into the book cases came; two with books I have read, where I separated fiction and non-fiction, and the other two with books to read. I might not have to tell you that the latter two book cases are now filled out, but there is space in the book cases of books read! Partly because I have given away around 100 books! Yes, it is difficult, but I must say I felt a certain relief afterwords. Counting books from the TV-room, which were more art books and other thematic, big books with pictures and text, I probably sorted out another 100! As Marie says; take the book in your hand and be honest to yourself. Will you read this book again? I even gave away some books that I have not read, but realised I never will read! That is a huge confession from my side!

Before!
After!
What do you feel about podcasts? I have never listened to any before, but after this first try I think I will become a fan. Especially if you are out walking and want to listen to something. Or even cleaning at home, it seems a perfect thing for multi tasking! I will certainly look for other interesting podcasts, and if you have something to recommend, please drop a line in the comment box or send me an e-mail.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster