Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

What's in a Name 2017

Loved the What's in a name 2016 challenge during 2016 and if it hadn't been for William Faulkner, I would have finished it properly. I am full of confidence for the 2017 challenge, as usual hosted by The Worm Hole.


Here are the criteria:
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories. (Examples of books you could choose are in brackets – translations and other languages most definitely count!):


  • A number in numbers (84, Charing Cross Road; 12 Years A Slave; 31 Dream Street) - The World Around in 80 Days by Jules Verne
  • A building (The Old Curiosity Shop; I Capture The Castle; House Of Shadows; The Invisible Library; Jamaica Inn) To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
  • A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it (The Girl Next Door; The Running Vixen) - Kansler Axel Oxenstierna 1 & 2 by Gunnar Wetterberg
  • A compass direction (North and South; Guardians Of The West; The Shadow In The North; NW) - Civilazation - The West and the Rest by Nial Ferguson
  • An item/items of cutlery (The Subtle Knife; Our Spoons Came From Woolworths) - The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean
  • A title in which at least two words share the same first letter – alliteration! (The Great Gatsby; The Luminous Life Of Lilly Aphrodite; Gone Girl; The Cuckoo’s Calling) - Riding the Iron Rooster by Paul Theroux


All titles come from my TBR shelves, except The Disappearing Spoon. It was rather a challenge to find a title with a cutlery item in it, but this seems to be a very interesting book.

Comments

  1. Some great choices there! Happy new year and welcome to this year's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am quite happy with the variety of the choices. It is great to try to find something to match your key words. Great challenge.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster